Friday, July 6, 2007

#2 Seducing the Demon: Writing for My Life by Erica Jong

I'm up to page 94. I want to write poetry because of this book. It is freeing, and sexy, and an adventure. What else is important when reading a book, but that it inspires the reader. For this alone, so far, I will keep the book when I'm finished. I have a book club at Politics & Prose with this book as the star on Monday. I expect to finish it by then. My AC doesn't work, and it's suppose to be 90 degrees tomorrow, and 97 on Sunday. I will probably spend a lot of time in air conditioned cafes just reading. I hope to write 10 drafts of a poem, and post them on a message board. This book has done that to me - 94 pages of inspiration!

Question of the day: Would the general public agree that a nun could be as passionate in her poetry as a libertine?

No comments: