Thursday, September 13, 2007

#13 Dirt Music by Tim Winton

Imagine a mountain, and it's jagged beauty. The brilliance so intense, that the danger of climbing the mountain is blanketed and almost rocked back and forth in the comfort that the mountain has a top and is meant to be reached. That is what I feel like reading this book. I'm not a mountain climber, and the geography of the book is western Australia near the water, but it is so intense, so powerful, and sharp in writing. I feel a danger to keep reading considering it's power, considering that my face flushes after a scene about a car turned over. I want to continue reading because I will have traipsed beauty, and reached the top of what writing should be once it is finished. This is how I feel reading Dirt Music up to page 122.

1 comment:

CelloBella said...

It is intense. It does feel dangerous. I can't wait to see what you think when you finish the book.
:)
CB