Wednesday, July 4, 2007

#1.c Pages 131-184

Because of this book, I finally bought tofu. Definitely organic as soybeans are one of the major recipients of GMOs and heavy chemical use. I'm going to make tofu with chives/scallions/soy sauce, and other stuff. The recipe is from a tofu specific cookbook by Deborah Madison. I didn't have the best luck with recipes from her vegetarian for everyone cookbook. Hopefully, this will work.

Harvest for Hope is about mindful eating, so I think it's ok to discuss food choices.

Question of the day - Is singlehood magnified as a vegetarian. So many recipes are for 4 or more, and it's hard to be a vegetarian without others for support. That's why I only lasted 6 years as a vegetarian the first time. I became lonely. Eating can be such an incredible team/couple experience. When 400 people are at a wedding eating one thing, and I'm the only one eating something else, I didn't feel unique. I just felt out-of-place.

No comments: