Sunday, July 8, 2007

#3 Runner's World Complete Book of Running

Everything You Need to Know to Run for Fun, Fitness, and Competition. Edited by Amby Burfoot

Pages 0-79

I think the last people to convince that vegetarianism is fine for athletes are the trainers of athletes. After all I've read recently, and the Compassionate Cooks Pod Cast I listen to, I don't understand why there are still questions that vegetarians get proper nutrients. As with any person, if the right amount of foods are eaten in a good proportion then all nutriets will be obtained. Vegetarians overall seem to be healthier. I was frustrated that this book contained questions about the health of vegetarian athletes, so I just googled vegetarian runner, and found the following:

http://www.colba.net/~ajstrong/ath_veg.htm

Question of the day: When will there be enough vegetarian runners to conduct a respected test on food choices and health for vegetarians and non-vegetarians?

No comments: